In this guide, we’ll take a look at the best raclette grills. We’ve compared design, materials, performance and cost to give you our top recommendations.
What is The Best Raclette Grill?
More Detailed Raclette Grill Reviews
Giles & Posner Electric Stone Raclette Grill Review
Add a touch of style to your dinner table with this beautifully designed stone raclette grill. Toast or grill cheese, meat and vegetables, with 8 raclette pans and 8 wooden spoons included in the set.
A handy temperature adjustment allows you to stay in charge of the food and a ready light indicates when the required heat is reached.
Not just good to look at, this practically designed grill is non-stick and is simple to clean with just a quick wipe with warm, soapy water. This is the perfect addition to home entertaining or as a feature to make family meals more exciting and fun.
- Stylish design perfect for dinner parties or indoor barbecues
- Complete set with raclette pans and spoons included
- Adjustable temperature control for precision cooking
- Top plate can warp a little when hot so is not always stable
Princess Bamboo Raclette Grill Review
Modern and stylish, this smart raclette grill features cast iron combi bake and grill plates with a contemporary bamboo housing, a dinner party addition you are sure to want to use on a regular basis.
This generous set will accommodate up to 8 people with sensitive temperature control to suit a variety of cuisine. Cool touch handles and a concealed heating element mean this grill is safe for all your diners including children and plastic, non-slip feet keep it stable when in use.
This raclette grill set includes 8 bamboo spatulas and grill pans plus the cast iron plates are durable and long-lasting. Enjoy a more sociable mealtime with family and friends. This stylish raclette grill also makes the perfect gift for a new home or just a keen foodie.
- Stylish design for a contemporary kitchen and home entertaining
- Grilled food has charred stripes to add visual appeal
- Safe design for young children
- The more food you put on the grill, the slower it cooks
- Grill pans need pre-soaking before you wash them
Hengbo Electric Raclette Grill Review
This convivial raclette grill makes a fun and social occasion out of any mealtime. Convenient, quick and odour-free, cook together and eat together.
The non-stick griddle hot plate has both a ridged and a flat section allowing you the option of two styles for your particular recipe. An oil drip tray keeps the food free of grease and fat and an adjustable temperature control allows you to cook like you are in the kitchen.
Grill above, fry below, both levels can be used at the same time. Suitable for indoor and outdoor use, this raclette grill is lightweight and portable and is the perfect partner for family camping and caravanning holidays.
- Food grade non-stick coating
- Double C-shape heating tube cooks food more evenly and quickly
- Deep design pan ensures no oil splashes
- Heating element is not a snug fit to the frame
Cooks Professional Traditional Raclette Grill Review
Enjoy a variety of different foods with this multi-layer raclette grill from Cooks Professional. Two cooking plates plus the base mean you will have plenty of capacity for a large group of diners or even a small party.
Cook meat, seafood or vegetables using the stone grill or traditional metal plate to suit your cuisine. Non-stick surfaces allow you to use less oil for healthier mealtimes. Temperature control provides the precision of the kitchen with the social aspect of combined cooking.
This set includes 8 individual raclette pans. It is easy to clean, just wash in hot soapy water.
- Perfect for barbecues or large family meals
- Range of cooking options with two different grill plates
- Stylish design makes a table centrepiece
- Stone grill takes a long time to warm up
- Power lead is quite short so may require an extension cable
- Stone grill plate can stain permanently
Hengbo 8 Person Raclette Grill Review
Chargrill steak, chicken, fish or vegetables with this stylish and generously sized raclette grill from Hengbo. The smooth area is perfect for creating mini crepes or even frying eggs.
Use less oil in your cooking plus any excess fat is drained away from the food into the drip tray below. Oil spills are not a problem with this raclette grill as the design features a stepped edge to keep the fat where it needs to be.
The triple heating system won’t waste time warming up and there is an adjustable temperature control for precision cooking.
- Designed to prevent oil spills on the dinner table
- Two different cooking areas
- Adjustable temperature control for varied cuisine
- The lower surface is not non-stick and it cannot be cleaned until the grill has cooled
- Power cable is quite short for use on a dining table
- Cooking times are slow
Milliard Raclette Grill Review
A handy reversible grill top offers the choice of a flat or ridged cooking plate to suit your menu. Enjoy seared chicken, fish or steak on one side and smooth crisp veggies on the other.
This simple but eye-catching design is ideal for a grazing buffet where everyone can pick what they want from the grill or just dip their food into the cheese pan. Adjustable temperature settings allow you to cater for different foods.
Non-stick surfaces make for easy cooking and washing up and both the grill top and coupelles are safe for the dishwasher.
- Ideal for parties as guests can help themselves
- Focal point for sociable dining and entertaining
- Quick cool process after dinner to make for easy cleaning
- Functional but not as nicely finished as some other designs
- Photo on the packaging is a bit misleading
- Although advertised to feed 8 people, in reality the food has to be split in half to cook quickly enough
Severin Raclette-Partygrill Review
The powerful 1900-watt heater with two independent elements means this raclette partygrill will do just what it says on the box, heat food quickly for your dinner party or get together. A temperature control light helps you keep an eye on the grill from a distance whilst you mingle with guests.
Non-stick coating means you don’t have to stand over the food to ensure it cooks evenly and doesn’t burn. A non-heating handle means this grill is safe for even the smallest of guests.
Easy to clean after the party, just pop in the dishwasher.
- Quick to reach desired temperature and easy to adjust the heat
- Precision cooking with the temperature control light
- Perfect gift for a housewarming present
- The non-stick coating is difficult to clean thoroughly and has a tendency to peel
- The barbecue area can scratch easily even only using wooden spatulas
- The coating on the raclette bowls exfoliates away after just a few uses
Raclette Grill Buyer’s Guide
Whether it’s dining with your family, or impressing friends with your European cuisine, investing in a raclette grill is bound to offer hours of fun and tasty food. What should you look for in your grill? Or how do you choose the best raclette grill for your needs? Read on to find out key features
Number of people it can serve
Is there anything worse than not having enough food for everyone? Yes, not being able to cook the food you do have! Make sure your potential raclette grill can feed the number of people you expect at your table.
Size of cooking surface
As with ensuring there are enough pans for everyone, a large enough plate area with a grill that can fit all the mini pans underneath is essential! In this case, bigger is better!
Unless you fancy having torn meats, or smoky and blackened vegetables, look for grills with non-stick coatings to ensure easy turning over of your dinner – this is especially important if you’re looking forward to grilling cheese!
Ease of cleaning
Whether it’s grilled meats, sautéed vegetables, or oozing melted cheese, cleaning up easily is a necessity, look for grills with non-stick plates, or easy cleaning features such as dishwasher safe components.
Some raclette grills offer thermostatic controls, which will give you greater control over cooking temperatures. Grills without this feature will rely on you to manage the heat individually.
What is a Raclette Grill?
It sounds fancy and it’s tasty. Bringing the best elements of the 1970s fondue parties into the 21st century with a healthy twist. Raclette grills are an entertaining way to host dinner parties where each person can select and cook their own meal. Frying meats and vegetables on the top plate, and grilling cheeses or other ingredient below.