In this guide, we’ll take a look at the best sauté pans. We’ve compared performance, non-stick coating, size and cost to give you our top recommendations.
What is The Best Sauté Pan?
More Detailed Sauté Pan Reviews
Tefal Comfort Max Non-stick Saute Pan Review
Tefal uses advanced stainless steel for their Comfort range to ensure durability and a long-lasting shiny appearance for this stylish sauté pan. Comfort means just that with a soft-touch ergonomically designed handle.
Thermospot technology tells you when the pan reaches optimum temperature by changing to a solid red colour, helping you serve up cooking perfection for the family. The non-stick and power resist coating means food will not stick even at higher temperatures.
Compatible with all hobs, the base of this sauté pan is anti-deformation so it will not warp out of shape even on an induction hob. BPA free and safe for the dishwasher, Tefal really has thought of everything.
- Easy to use ergonomic design
- Suitable for use on induction hobs
- Easy cook Thermospot technology which tells you when the required temperature is reached
- Non-stick power resist coating
- Food safe BPA free
- Non-standard screws mean the pan handle can loosen and become unstable
Carote Non Stick Saute Pan Review
This stylish sauté pan will make a statement on any hob. The deep shape helps you cook with less oil plus a PFOA-free non-stick coating demonstrates that Carote really has put healthy eating and food safety to the fore.
This design of this sauté pan distributes the heat evenly to make for better cooking and energy savings plus it prevents any overspill, perfect for a large family meal.
A soft touch and easy grip handle gives a light and balanced feel. This sauté pan is compatible with all types of hobs including glass and induction.
- Cook with less oil for healthier meals
- A deep design uses energy efficiently meaning less heat and oil
- Soft touch easy grip handle is balanced and stable
- PFOA-free non-stick coating is healthy for the family and easy to clean
- Even with care, the non-stick coating may not last longer than a few months
Tower Cerasure T80305 Saute Pan Review
The tempered glass lid on this stylish sauté pan from Tower means you can keep an eye on what’s cooking without having to remove the lid to check and lower the temperature. A steam vent adjusts the pressure to ensure food doesn’t overcook.
An advanced ceramic Cerasure non-stick coating allows ingredients to glide around the pan and means only a tiny amount of oil is needed for healthy food preparation. Heat is distributed evenly with the bonded steel base which is suitable for all hob types.
Stay cool phenolic handles are cool to the touch with an ergonomic design that promotes both comfort and safety.
- Sturdy and safe but not overly heavy to lift away from the heat even with food
- Good looking blue ceramic interior
- Cerasure non-stick coating is superior to Teflon and lasts longer
- Needs plenty of oil to stop food burning and sticking
- The knob on the lid can loosen and come off
Tefal Unlimited ON Non Stick Sautepan Review
Not just a good-looking sauté pan but one that has a surprising amount of cooking tech incorporated into the design. Unique Thermo Fusion+ ensures that the pan heats quickly and maintains an even temperature for perfectly cooked dishes.
The titanium non-stick coating keeps your cooking on the slide and protects kitchen utensils as well as reducing the time taken to wash up. This sauté pan is guaranteed 100% PFOA lead and cadmium free.
The thermal heat measure gives an easy indicator of temperature with a simple colour change so you can precisely control your cuisine and deliver perfect results every time. Suitable for all types of hobs including induction and oven safe up to 175°C.
- Titanium non-stick coating protects the pan, your cooking utensils, and the food
- Even heat distribution makes for quick and energy efficient cooking
- Food safe with no lead or cadmium and guaranteed 100% PFOA free
- Thermal temperature indicator makes cooking simple
- This sauté pan is heavy to lift
- The central knob also acts a steam vent for the pan so can get very hot
Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron Sauté Pan Review
Who doesn’t love a stylish Le Creuset pan especially in that trademark volcanic colour? This classic cast iron sauté pan has a large frying area and is perfect for dinner parties or big family gatherings.
The wooden handle is the perfect length and counterbalance for the weight and size and there is a cast iron helper handle to ease movement of the pan on the hob and for food service.
The durable black enamel interior is ready to go with no preparation or seasoning required and holds hot temperatures even on a low heat. This traditional sauté pan is hygienic and easy to clean.
- Cast iron cooks more quickly than alternative metal sauté pans
- Wooden handle looks traditional and is protected from the heat
- Trademark Le Creuset style and colour
- There is a glass lid for this pan, but it is sold separately
- Hand wash only
Prestige Cookware Stainless Steel Saute Pan Review
This highly polished and durable stainless steel sauté pan will shine out in your kitchen, not only does it look the part, but it also delivers precision cooking on a variety of different hob types.
Premium stainless-steel guarantees even heat distribution so you can cook up a storm every night regardless of the menu. The perfect size for a small household, this pan is lightweight and easy to lift.
Stylish phenolic and stainless-steel fittings which are super durable just ooze quality, but then Prestige is a household name and one you can rely on.
- Universally useful size for two to four people
- Oven safe unlike other competitor products
- Phenolic stainless-steel fittings
- Food can stick if there is insufficient water or oil in the pan
- If food sticks, it will leave permanent marks on the shiny metal surface
- Heavy relative to its size
Le Creuset 3-Ply Stainless Steel Sauté Pan Review
From a manufacturer more usually associated with cast iron cookware, this round stainless sauté pan comes complete with a tight-fitting lid, perfect for retaining moisture whilst your food cooks.
The unique 3-Ply stainless steel construction has an aluminium core and so will heat food evenly without any hot spots preventing sticking or burning. A 360-degree anti-drip pouring lip keeps mess to a minimum if you want to serve straight from the pan.
Easy to clean, this metal sauté pan from Le Creuset is a refreshing addition to their cast iron range and suitable for all hob types. Hand wash or pop in the dishwasher.
- Secure lid retains moisture for cooking with minimal oil or water
- Unique stainless steel and aluminium construction for even heat distribution
- Anti-drip pouring lip for zero mess
- Pan will lose it original colour quite quickly if used on a high heat
- The 3-Ply base can warp or bow after just a few months
- Other brands offer more quality and durability for the price
GreenPan Saute Pan with Two Side Handle Review
This sauté pan will suit your everyday cooking needs whether you want to stir fry, braise, fry or sauté. This is a piece of kitchenware you can bring out for every mealtime.
The healthy ceramic non-stick Thermolon Infinity coating is completely toxin-free regardless of the cooking heat and is one of the most advanced non-stick products available. There is no lead or cadmium and the whole pan is guaranteed PFAS-free.
A unique magnetic coating on the base ensures stability for consistent and even cooking and will keep this pan warp free. Oven safe up to 180-degrees, you can also pop this pan straight in the dishwasher after dinner.
- Toxin-free family friendly materials
- Oven and dishwasher safe
- Coating can scratch even with wooden utensils and careful use
- Heat distribution is not always even, and food can stick in the middle
- This sauté pan is slightly big for most burners which can affect cooking consistency
Sauté Pan Buyer’s Guide
Adding a sauté pan to your kitchenware inventory is a must for every cook or chef alike. It’s a one-pan-many-uses scenario, giving you versatility across many cuisines and cooking methods. However, not all sauté pans are crafted equally, and some important points to consider are outlined below:
This can affect every meal. If the pan is overly large, you’ll use more energy, if it’s too small, you’ll struggle to cook things properly.
Being able to transfer from flame to oven without having to change pans can be a game changer. But be aware, not all sauté pans are oven-proof, placing a non-oven-proof pan in your dishwasher or oven could be disastrous.
Sauces, or dishes that use spices can sometimes leave a bloom of colour or flavour on the pan’s surface. Having a pan that is stainless, not just stainless steel, is important to reduce this.
Ease of cleaning
A minor detail, but an important one. Look for sauté pans that are non-stick, or that clearly marked dishwasher safe, to ensure you won’t be spending hours scrubbing away to get that paella off.
Unless you’re a fan of hot and steamy hand dishwashing, this detail is of big importance. It’ll also be that detail that saves you from destroying a great pan which may not be suited to the harsh abrasives used in dishwashers; i.e.: copper pans do not fair well.
Whether it’s anodised, stainless steel, or a Teflon coating, a sauté pan needs to have a degree of non-stick to its surface. More traditional pans will need to be ‘seasoned’ to make them useable, whereas modern pans will come with a stick-free coating that’s ready for use.
What is a sauté pan used for?
Sauté pans offer the ability to fry, poach, steam, braise, or boil. Sauté pans are generally deeper than frying pans and come with a lid – glass or metal. Many sauté pans are oven-proof which also adds to their versatility.